I’m not a picky eater by any means and that definitely holds true when it comes to soup. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a soup that I didn’t enjoy.
This afternoon, I prepared a minestrone soup that made me do a little dance after my first taste. Yes, I was that excited. In fact, I was so excited that I wanted to post this as soon as I could…before I head to the kitchen and fix myself another serving for dinner.
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1/4 cup green split peas
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Diced tomatoes (28 ounce can)
- 2-4 chopped potatoes
- 1 cup alphabet noodles/macaroni
- Bring 8-10 cups water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add all of the ingredients into the boiling water.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
Now, please excuse me while I go into the kitchen and grab myself another bowl with a side of crackers…