If you have a craving for cinnamon, sugar and apples, you are going to love this Kitchenaid recipe for a rustic apple tart!
Perfect Rustic Apple Tart
- 2 1/2 pounds (about 6 large) tart green apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 9″ crust pie pastry, unbaked
- Toss together apples, lemon and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients except pie pastry in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- Roll out pastry into a 13″ circle. Transfer to baking sheets (it’s OK if pastry hangs over edge of baking sheet”.
- Gently mound apples in center of pastry, leaving a 2″ border of dough on all sides. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon sugar mixture. Fold pastry up over filling, pleating as necessary to fit nice and snug around apples. Gently press dough to filling, reinforcing the shape.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until pastry is golden brown and apples are tender, for about 30 minutes. Cool tart on baking sheet or wire rack for 10 minutes, serve warm.
You might want to make sure you have some vanilla ice cream on hand for this tasty dessert…Bon Appetit!