Even though the summer months are filled with so many memorable moments like spending time on the water, swimming in the pool, going for walks, heading to the local parks, enjoying staycations, and finding ways to stay cool, there’s just something about fall that makes that time of year my favorite. When it comes to fall, we try and go all out. There are so many fall activities that everyone in the family will love.
We recently went to Michigan to spend time with family. While there, we squeezed in as many family-friendly fall activities as we could. One day we played outside while spending time with family, the next day we attended a Michigan State tailgate and football game, then following day was spent outside at my brother’s house, and our final day was spent eating doughnuts and drinking cider at my favorite cider mill.
During the trip, we went to the store to pick up a few items. Out in front of the store were pumpkins in every size and shape. My son squealed in delight as he caught sight of the pumpkins. He looked up at me and asked, “Mama, can I go touch the pumpkins?” I agreed to it, grabbed onto his hand as we walked through the parking lot, and immediately felt his excitement through his hand the closer we got to the pumpkins. Is pumpkin love a hereditary trait? I think so.
From watching the leaves change to going to a cider mill to going for a fall drive to picking out the perfect pumpkins … there’s just something about the fall season that is so incredibly invigorating, refreshing, comforting, and welcoming. The beauty that comes with the fall season, along with the smells and tastes, make it difficult to not find simple ways to enjoy this amazing season.
25 Family-Friendly Fall Activities
In celebration of my favorite season that is just around the corner, I’m sharing 25 family-friendly fall activities.
- Go to a cider mill.
- Find your way through a corn maze.
- Enjoy a hayride.
- Go apple picking.
- Roast s’mores around a fire pit.
- Bake pumpkin-flavored treats.
- Go for a drive in the country to enjoy the fall colors.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Build leaf piles and jump in them.
- Go to a high school football game.
- Stay at a B&B with views of fall foliage.
- Decorate your home with fall colors and decor.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Attend a fall festival at a local town.
- Go to a haunted house.
- Host a neighborhood barbeque.
- Enjoy a picnic at a local park.
- Go to a petting zoo.
- Pedal your way through a family bike ride.
- Attend a tailgate before a football game.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Create a pretty wreath for your front door.
- Make pumpkin pancakes a Sunday morning tradition.
- Create a fun pumpkin/fall/Halloween craft.
- Watch your favorite fall/Halloween movie.
What’s your favorite fall activity?