Thank you to Evenflo for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.
A family vacation can be a great way to escape, bond with each other, enjoy new experiences, and embark on a culinary adventure. But, due to certain circumstances, going on a vacation can be difficult and sometimes not feasible. So, instead of getting frustrated or discouraged, why not make the most of your spring break by having fun during a spring break staycation?
25 Spring Break Staycation Ideas
Here are 25 spring break staycation ideas that your family will love.
What’s my favorite staycation idea?
- Head to Your Local Park
Although it’s snowing right now and we got hit by a lot of snow a few days ago, we cannot wait until the weather warms up and we’re able to play outside all of the time. But, then again, why wait until the weather gets warmer? Pack some snacks and head to your local park to enjoy fun times walking along waterways, spending time at the playground, feeding the ducks, etc.
We recently enjoyed a day at one of my favorite local parks. Our son had fun chasing the ducks and my husband and I enjoyed the fresh air. Thanks to the Evenflo Sibby Travel System, our day at the park was enjoyable for the whole family. The park that we love going to is huge. Thankfully, the Evenflo Sibby Travel System offers a unique ride-along board that allows two children to use the stroller at the same time. The ride-along board connects easily and folds away when not in use. Our son loves taking a ride on the ride-along board when I push his sister in the stroller.
- Make some popcorn, get comfy on the couch, and have a movie-athon
- Visit the local aquarium
- Go camping at your local campground or in your backyard
- Take a day trip to a nearby landmark
- Go to an indoor or an outdoor (depending on the weather) waterpark
- Pick up crafts at a craft store and make craft projects
- Have a friendly cooking competition
- Go to a local museum
- Plant a garden as a family
- Go to a local botanical garden
- Attend a sporting event and cheer on your favorite team
- Track the moon and stargaze at night (try to find your favorite constellation)
- Volunteer as a family
- Go to your local community pool
- Go on a scavenger hunt as a family
- Check out animals at the local zoo
- Head to a nearby beach
- Pack a backpack and go hiking on nearby trails
- Go on a photo walk
- Have each family member suggest a new-t0-the-family activity for each day of spring break
- Pack a picnic
- Explore your city by visiting local attractions and trying new restaurants
- Visit an amusement park
- Spend the night at a hotel to have the feeling of going away without having to travel far
What’s your favorite spring break staycation idea?
Disclaimer: Thank you to Evenflo for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.
Leave a Reply