Pie is an iconic American dessert. Apple, cherry, strawberry, chocolate … with so many sweet options, how can you not love a slice of pie (paired with melting vanilla ice cream)? The best part? It’s March 14. Or, in other words, 3/14 or 3.14 or Pie(e) Day.
But wait … why does Pi(e) Day have to be just sweet pies? From Shepherd’s Pie to Chicken Pot Pie, pies can come in all sorts of flavors, shapes (anyone love hand pies?), and sizes.
So, I must ask, how will (or did) you celebrate Pie(e) Day? For us, I ended up serving a casserole that tasted like Chicken Pot Pie. I’ve been craving Key Lime Pie. But, when it comes to savory pies, Chicken Pot Pie is hands down my favorite.
Since today is full of celebrating pies, why not read up on pies?
10 Links Celebrating Pi Day / Pie Day
- Do you want to become a master pie baker? Here are three ways to make a pie crust, straight from the New York Times Cooking section.
- Here’s the science behind making the perfect pie, straight from NPR.
- Can you guess America’s favorite pie?
- Here are 10 irresistible international pies
- Want to know more about Pi? Here’s Pi explained by using a Pie. Clever!
- Here are six healthy pie recipes to help you celebrate.
- Enjoy a Guide to Pi(e) Day, straight from Martha Stewart.
- I could go for a huge slice of Key Lime Pie right about now. This slice is making my mouth water.
- Did you know that Albert Einstein was born on Pi Day?
- Is this the ultimate Pi Day pie?
How did you or will you celebrate Pi Day / Pie Day?