So, you know how I didn’t like chocolate before I was pregnant but then fell in love with it while I was pregnant? Well, my son is now 14 months to date and guess what? I still love chocolate. Yes, I cannot get enough of it.
I would be lying if I said that I didn’t sneak a few chocolate chips from the bag in the freezer every once in a while (alright, more like almost every day … well, every day). There. I said it. I’ve come clean … and now I want some chocolate chips to drown my sorrows. Oh, what a vicious cycle.
As for my favorite chocolate treat, there are some people who love chocolate and peanut butter combinations while other people love chocolate and caramel combinations. I’m the latter. To be honest, I haven’t met a chocolate turtle that I didn’t like.
So, in celebration of my son’s 14 unforgettable and incredible months, I’m sharing a three ingredient (yes, you read that correctly) recipe for Chocolate Pecan Bark. He did, after all, make me fall in love with chocolate so it’s only right to sit down and enjoy a piece (or two) of this chocolate bark. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
Three Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Bark
- 16 ounces milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Melt the chocolates separately either in a double boiler or using the microwave. Click here for instructions on how to melt chocolate.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the melted milk chocolate onto the parchment paper in the shape of a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the top of the milk chocolate with chopped pecans.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate and pecans.
- Set aside for two hours or place in the refrigerator for two hours to allow to harden.
What’s your favorite chocolate treat?