Well, today is definitely a very special day indeed. Good Friday and Earth Day all in one day…there is so much to celebrate!
Growing up, the Easter Bunny would be busy at work cutting paper arrows during the days leading up to the big day. Every Easter Sunday, my brother and I would wake up only to find arrows with our names on them all over the house. We would pick up the arrows one by one as they took us on a little adventure…only to find our Easter baskets waiting just beyond the final arrow. What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?
- Birds Nest Cupcakes with Speckled Egg Cookie Toppers from Bake at 350
- Bunny Cream Puffs from Sweet Kat’s Kitchen
- Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes from My Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Marshmallow Bunnies from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Chocolate Truffle Egg Ganache Tortes from Annie’s Eats
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Mini Robin Eggs from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Easter Bunny Macarons from Raspberri Cupcakes
- Easter Chick Cupcakes from The Pastry Affair
- Marshmallow Nests from Sophistimom
- Peeps S’mores from Eclectic Recipes
- Peter Rabbit Carrot Cupcakes from Family Fresh Cooking
- Rice Krispy Easter Eggs from Ingredients, Inc.
- Simple Easter Cupcakes from Picky Palate
Here’s a special Easter Treat from How To: Simplify:
Easter Egg Nests
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2-4 drops of green food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (10 ounces) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 bag Cadbury chocolate eggs
- Stir together the water and food coloring in a small bowl. Add coconut and stir the entire mixture together until the coconut is green.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.
- Spray a spoon with cooking spray and spoon the mixture into muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray. Shape the mixture within each cup into cups. Allow to cool in pans.
- Fill the nests with coconut and the chocolate eggs.
Earth Day Recipes
I also wanted to wish all of you a Happy Earth Day! Today is such a rainy day in D.C. but I can’t help but think that April showers bring May flowers! In celebration of Earth Day, many of my favorite food bloggers are inviting you to take part in a virtual picnic. Be sure to join in on the fun by enjoying some of these fabulous dishes and drinks:
- Pressed Sandwiches from Simple Bites
- Mixed Berry Cheesecakes in a Jar from My Baking Addiction
- Honey Ginger Lemonade from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Sangria from Dine & Dish
- Herbed Tortellini Salad from Add A Pinch
- Fruit Recipe Roundup from Bakers Royale
- Black and White Caviar from Three Many Cooks
- Homemade Potato Chips and Avocado Ranch Dip from Food for My Family
- Apple Hand Pies from Sugarcrafter
- Tangy Potato Salad from Tickled Red
- Kale Chips from What’s Cooking with Kids
- Mini Lemonade Cakes from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Picnic Pies in a Jar from TidyMom
How are you going to celebrate Earth Day this year? What will you be serving on Easter Sunday?