Seeing as how there are only a few days left until Christmas arrives, I know many of you have probably started the holiday countdown…and that countdown might include the task of baking your favorite cookies, bars and brownies to share with family and friends. But what about cheesecake?
When people think about baking cheesecake, oftentimes many immediately become slightly intimidated. If you’re one of those people, don’t worry…cheesecake doesn’t always have to require tons of ingredients and hours to bake. I’m about to share with you a delicious recipe that is incredibly easy: Mini Cherry Cheesecakes.
I must admit, my all-time favorite dessert, hands down, is cheesecake. It doesn’t matter whether it has strawberries, raspberries or chocolate on it, if it’s cheesecake then I will more than likely devour it in a matter of minutes (or seconds…yikes!).
Whenever my Mom would make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes during Christmastime, they would magically disappear into thin air…imagine that (wink wink). So when you’re baking this weekend and next, be sure to include these bite-size goodies into the mix. They will be the perfect addition to your holiday dessert trays!
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- 2 packages (8-ounce) cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Vanilla wafers
- 2 inch mini baking cups
- Cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each mini aluminum baking cup.
- Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over each wafer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling and refrigerate.
I hope you enjoy this holiday treat as much as I do!