Apparently I have been baking one too many muffin recipes lately because last night while we were grocery shopping, the baking bug hit and I was running recipe ideas by my husband and that’s when he said, “Please. No more muffins. I know you love muffins but I’m a little muffined out.”
Since I’ve been baking a lot of items that I love, I figured why not bake with chocolate to help satisfy his chocolate sweet tooth. My first thought was all about brownies. My second thought was all about Oreo Cookies. Let me just start off by saying that hardly anybody can come between my husband and his Double Stuf Oreos. Being the chocoholic that he is, I believe he has devoured an entire package of these in one sitting…on more than one occasion. No joke.
I threw the whole Oreo Cookie and brownie idea out there and I’m pretty sure his jaw hit the grocery store floor. The next thing that came out of his mouth was, “Are you kidding?!” I knew right then and there that I had a winner. We walked over to the cookie aisle and found a small package of Oreo Cookies. I believe his words when picking out the package were, “Please get the smallest package possible. If you have any leftovers whatsoever I will devour them all in one sitting and I really don’t want to do that.”
As soon as I woke up this morning, I got to work baking these beauties and let me tell you…my husband has good taste!
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can Hershey’s Syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package (16.6 ounces) Oreo Cookies, chopped
- 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix together the sugar, butter, syrup, eggs and flour.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chopped Oreo Cookies.
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreo Cookies over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, cut into squares and remove from dish.
- Drizzle with icing (Icing Directions: Mix together all three ingredients. Add more sugar if need be until desired consistency is reached).
What is your favorite type of cookie?