After preparing Pam Anderson's delicious Coq au Vin Blanc for dinner guests a couple weeks ago, I had a lot of leftover prosciutto that I was dying to include in a recipe.
After looking over the inventory in my kitchen, I realized that I had the perfect ingredients for yet another puff pastry appetizer. I figured I couldn't go wrong with puff pastry, prosciutto, asparagus and flavored goat cheese...right? Well, I was correct. This recipe is so easy to prepare and cooks within minutes. So...the next time you need to throw together a quick appetizer that will impress your guests, make sure you have these ingredients on hand. This dish will definitely make your guests say "ooh" and "ahh" as they savor each and every bite.
Prosciutto, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 10 stalks of asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry dough and cut in half.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush this mixture over the dough.
- Place 6 slices of prosciutto on each half of the dough.
- Place 5 stalks of asparagus along each half of the dough.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of goat cheese over each tart.
- Transfer the tarts to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the puff pastry dough is golden brown and the asparagus is softened slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Lastly, I want to wish each and every one of you a safe and wonderful Labor Day! I hope you are enjoying this day with family and friends. For ideas on what to serve during this holiday, be sure to check out this Labor Day Recipe Roundup that includes recipes that were collected from many amazing food bloggers.