Knowing that I had some leftover unsweetened cocoa powder in my baking pantry, I stopped by the store and picked up fun size Snickers bars. Yes, I’ll admit. I was definitely craving a candy bar.
Plus, the simple thought of cocoa powder paired with Snickers made me a huge fan of where this was headed.
To be honest, I’ve never added chopped Snickers bars to anything I’ve prepared in the past but let me tell you…I was so happy I decided to throw the chopped candy bars into my brownie batter. With a little bit of help from a few other ingredients, I had a great tasting brownie filled with little chunks of caramel and peanuts. What’s not to love about that?
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 fun size Snickers bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder to the saucepan and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in Snickers bar chunks.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan (or, if you have a special brownie pan, go ahead and grease that…these pans are the best) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
What’s your favorite candy bar?