I live with cookie monsters (me being one of them). When I was pregnant with my son, I craved chocolate all the time. I mean like every minute of every day. It was quite ridiculous, especially since I never liked chocolate prior to be pregnant and I was trying to eat healthy when being pregnant.
So, in an effort to try and stick to my healthy eating lifestyle while still satisfying my pregnancy cravings, I poured a bag or chocolate chips into a freezer bag and kept the bag of chocolate chips in the freezer. When I craved chocolate, I would pop a few frozen chocolate chips into my mouth and it was pure heaven to my taste buds.
I was kind of hoping that I would fall out of love with chocolate after having my son but nope. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. Check my freezer and you’ll more than likely find a bag of frozen chocolate chips just in case a craving kicks into high gear.
You’ll also find a bag of frozen cookie dough balls. Why? Because there’s nothing like a warm cookie.
Simple Tip for Always Having Freshly Baked Cookies
As I said before, I live with cookie monsters: my son, husband, and me. My daughter is slowly but surely hopping on the train too. We really try to limit the sweet treat intake in our house so I’m always trying to find ways to have sweet treats but keep them to a minimum.
I realized that we don’t have to bake all of the cookie dough all at once. Instead, I make balls of cookie dough and place them in a freezer bag and then pop the bag in the freezer for a later date.
Here are the simple steps to follow to have freshly baked cookies:
- Prepare the cookie dough. Here’s the most popular recipe on the site: Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Roll all of the dough into the same size balls. It’s helpful to use an ice cream scooper to get uniform sizes.
- Bake the amount of cookies that you prefer.
- Place the remaining cookie dough balls onto a plate and freeze them.
- Place the frozen cookie dough balls into a freezer bag.
- Mark the freezer bag by writing the following: date / type of cookie / bake temperature / bake time.
- Place the freezer bag in the freezer.
When you’re ready to bake the frozen cookie dough balls, simply do the following:
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the freezer bag
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the frozen cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper.
- Bake according to the directions on the freezer bag.
Voila! You’ll have freshly baked cookies in a matter of minutes.
What’s your favorite freshly baked cookie tip?
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.