Everyone has a go to candy, am I right? Is your go to candy crunchy, chocolatey, sweet, rich, salty? Or, like me, is it all of the above? I know, I know…unlike my husband, I’m not a huge chocolate fan. So, why did I include “chocolatey” in the list? Give me a package of chocolate and pecan turtles and you will quickly see why. There’s just something about the combination of chocolate, pecans, and caramel that has me falling in love over and over again with these amazingly scrumptious treats.
Thanks to the past few holidays and celebrations, I’ve noticed that I had quite a growing collection of chocolate turtles in my pantry. Why is that? My family members are all too familiar with my love of chocolate turtles and, thankfully, they help satisfy my cravings by giving me packages of chocolate and pecan turtles.
I love to spread the wealth while family and friends are visiting, especially with my mother-in-law is in town since she shares the same love of chocolate turtles. However, when everyone leaves, it’s just me…and the turtles. Trust me, no good can come of that.
I got to work chopping my beloved chocolate turtles, folding them into cookie dough batter, adding chocolate chips, and placing the dough in the oven. What came out were these Chocolate Chip and Turtle Cookies.
Chocolate turtles in cookie form? Oh man…what have I done now?
Chocolate Chip and Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 7 chocolate and pecan turtles, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour into a medium bowl and mix to combine. Add this mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and turtle pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use an ice cream scooper) onto baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
What is your favorite candy?