Do you ever find yourself sitting on your couch…when all of a sudden you get a craving for cookies, ice cream, cheesecake or anything else that would satisfy your sweet tooth? I don’t have a huge sweet tooth but when it starts begging to be satisfied, sweets are all I can think about. It’s because of these cravings that I always like to keep my baker’s pantry well-stocked with all of the necessary baking ingredients. Also, open up my freezer and you’ll most likely find bags of additional goodies like peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and other candies that can be added into baked goods to give them an extra special flavor.
Instead of having this craving while lounging on the couch…this craving kicked in for me the other day while my husband and I were grocery shopping. We were in the checkout line, placing items on the belt when all of a sudden I had a severe craving for cookies. (Do I sound like a pregnant woman or what? Relax Mom and Dad…I’m not preggers).
The last time I checked the freezer I knew that we were fresh out of the “additional goodies” so while my husband continued to place the items on the belt, I went on a mad dash to the baking aisle. I quickly returned with bags of milk chocolate chips, Heath Bar bits and coconut. He looked at the ingredients and gave me a funny look but I ignored the look and threw the bags on the belt.
As soon as I returned home I quickly got to work in the kitchen creating these delicious cookies that would go great with a glass of…oh wait, I knew we were forgetting something. I was so busy thinking about cookies that I completely forgot to pick up some milk.
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bar bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour to the sugar mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Heath Bar bits.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use an ice cream scooper) onto baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.