I realized the other day that I haven’t baked anything in weeks. That same day, my husband looked at me with a pouty face and asked, “Will you please bake something?” I knew right then and there that I had to get my butt into the kitchen and reconnect with my measuring cups, mixer and mixing bowls.
I perused my cabinets and freezer (I keep many of my baking goodies in the freezer) and discovered that I had all of the right ingredients to bake my favorite cookie recipe. What I love most about cookies is that if you have a solid cookie recipe, you can use it as a base and fold in your favorite goodies like nuts and candies right at the end of the prep process.
Since I had some chocolate chips on hand and a Snickers bar in my freezer, I decided to combine the two and bake these Snickers and Chocolate Chip Cookies. If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I always have a Snickers bar nearby. I’m just like my Dad…if ever we’re feeling weak or need a little pick me up, we always turn to the trusty Snickers bar to help us get out of the funk. The same goes for these cookies…I should carry a bag of these cookies around at all times. They’re definitely good for a little pick me up!
Snickers and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Snickers bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour to the sugar mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped Snickers bar.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use an ice cream scooper) onto baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.