Instead of having this craving while lounging on the couch...this craving kicked in for me the other day while my husband and I were grocery shopping. We were in the checkout line, placing items on the belt when all of a sudden I had a severe craving for cookies. (Do I sound like a pregnant woman or what? Relax Mom and Dad...I'm not preggers).
The last time I checked the freezer I knew that we were fresh out of the "additional goodies" so while my husband continued to place the items on the belt, I went on a mad dash to the baking aisle. I quickly returned with bags of milk chocolate chips, Heath Bar bits and coconut. He looked at the ingredients and gave me a funny look but I ignored the look and threw the bags on the belt.
As soon as I returned home I quickly got to work in the kitchen creating these delicious cookies that would go great with a glass of...oh wait, I knew we were forgetting something. I was so busy thinking about cookies that I completely forgot to pick up some milk.
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bar bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour to the sugar mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Heath Bar bits.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use an ice cream scooper) onto baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.