Even though Halloween has come and gone, the air is crisp and the colors of the leaves are as brilliant as ever, it's still fall which means recipes containing cinnamon, nutemg and cloves are ou in full force. Apple pie, cider mill doughnuts, apple cier, caramel apples and, the best of all, pumpkin flavored goodies are still perfect to enjoy during this chilly days.
When most of us think of pumpkin flavored treats, our first thought immediately goes straight to the always comforting pumpkin pie. Even though I could probably eat a slice (or two) of pumpkin pie every day and never grow tired of it, there are plenty of other recipes out there, both savory and sweet, that are perfect to prepare using pumpkin puree.
Ever since I bought can after can of pumpkin puree earlier this season, I've been experimenting with countless dishes, including Pumpkin Streusel Bars, Pumpkin Spice Muffins, Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting and Pumpkin Pancakes. There's something magical about pumpkin puree because it is so versatile and with only a few ingredients, you can prepare an amazing dish. Take for example this pumpkin pudding. With five ingredients and three steps, you can't go wrong by serving this dish for dessert during the fall season.
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- Whisk together the pudding mix and the evaporated milk for two minutes. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least five minutes to allow the pudding to set.
- Stir in the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into the pudding mixture.
- Spoon the pudding into dishes and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over the top of the whipped cream for a great presentation.
*Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking