I’m just going to come right out and say it…these muffins are delicious. I know, you’re probably thinking that I say that about a lot of the muffins that I bake. What can I say? I love muffins. I even love saying the word “muffin.” Call me crazy but it’s such a fun word to say.
To continue on with my love affair with these muffins, I must admit that they are by far the best tasting muffins I’ve had in…well…a long time and that’s saying something. Their fluffy insides coupled with their cinnamon and sugar coating creates a flavor that is enough to make anyone drool.
To quote my husband on this one, “They are so %&@$ing good! I eat them two at a time!” Are you still not convinced? What if I told you that they taste just like doughnuts? I kid you not…they taste exactly like doughnuts hence the name Doughnut Muffins. Pretty clever, right?
For the muffins:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
For the coating:
- 1/4 -1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. While muffins are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake muffins out of the muffin tin while the muffins are still hot.
- Dip muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
Now…go into your kitchen and start baking these. You will love them. I promise.
*Recipe from lemanda on Tasty Kitchen