On my counter sits this beautiful glass dome under which I keep most of these baked goods. There is hardly a day that goes by where I don't have a tasty treat under it...except when I woke up one morning this weekend and noticed that all of the cookies disappeared into thin air. After perusing my cupboards and fridge I decided to make scones and, because I had a ton of strawberries on hand (surprise surprise), I decided to throw them into the batter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add one egg and heavy cream; mix until soft. Fold in strawberries.
- Knead dough 3 times on a lightly floured surface. Pat the dough into into a circle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges two inches apart on a greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper).
- Beat the other egg with water and brush egg mixture over the wedges. Sprinkle the tops of the wedges with sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and serve warm.
*Recipe lightly adapted from KitchenAid Best-Loved Recipes cookbook