The other night I had a severe craving for ice cream. My lovely husband offered to run up to the store to buy some ice cream...by the way, could I consider this practice for when I'm preggers? If so, he has got it down pat. Anyway, instead of having him go to the store, I took some puff pastry out of the freezer and allowed it to thaw for 30 minutes. I grabbed some leftover Nutella, a banana that was on the verge of being thrown into banana muffin batter and some coconut. This combination of ingredients resulted in cute cups of Nutella and puff pastry deliciousness.
Between the two of us, we devoured six out of the nine cups in one sitting...I can't believe I just admitted that. Oh well...all I can say is they were that good. Trust me. The only reason why we didn't eat the other three was because I needed to save them for photos the following morning. If I didn't need to take photos of them we probably would've devoured nine out of nine in one sitting. Yikes...take this as a warning!
Nutella, Banana and Coconut Puff Pastry Cups
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough. The dough is usually sectioned off into thirds so cut along the fold lines. Next, make two cuts the other way so that you have 9 squares of puff pastry.
- Whisk together the egg and water and brush the egg wash over the squares of puff pastry.
- Take a muffin tin and place one square of puff pastry in each cup (you should fill 9 cups). Push the puff pastry in the tin but don't press it against the sides.
- Place one tablespoon of Nutella on each puff pastry square.
- Place one slice of banana on each tablespoon of Nutella.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of coconut over each cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned and the puff pastry is golden brown.