Another type of food that I crave, and have for lunch on most days, is soup. Minestrone, chicken noodle, vegetable...you name it, I will more than likely love it. Soup and crackers, soup and a sandwich...for me, it doesn't get much better than that when it comes to lunch.
With that being said, a few weekends ago I headed into the kitchen in search of something to prepare for lunch for the two of us. After perusing my cupboards I realized I had ingredients to make taco...soup! That's right, I served this delicious dish with corn chips (yet again, another food I crave) and moments later our bowls were clean.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 onion, chopped (fresh or sauteed, depending on preference)
- 1 package Ranch Dressing seasoning mix
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes
- Serve with corn chips and sour cream on the side.