One of the easiest ways to prepare chicken is by breading it. Now, this might scare you a little since it involves dipping and coating. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s a super simple technique. Even though the process can be a little messy, it’s very easy to do and it will result in mouth watering chicken.
Breading chicken helps to lock in the flavors while giving the outer layer a crispy and savory coating. By following the steps outlined below, you’ll be well on your way to preparing delicious breaded chicken that your family and friends will enjoy.
How To Bread Chicken
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Clean and prepare 4-6 chicken breasts by cutting off any fat or skin. Wipe the chicken dry so that the coatings will stick.
- Prepare three dishes:
- First dish: 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Second dish: 2 eggs that have been beaten with a dash of milk.
- Third dish: 1 cup of bread crumbs seasoned with salt and pepper
- Dip a chicken breast in the flour. Cover the chicken breast completely.
- Dip the floured chicken breast in the egg batter and coat completely.
- Dip the floured and egg battered chicken breast in the bread crumbs and coat completely. It helps to pat the chicken breast into the bread crumbs so that they combine with the flour and egg. This will ensure that the bread crumbs stick to the chicken breast.
- Set aside the breaded chicken breast for cooking.
- Repeat the breading process with the remaining chicken breasts.
Once you have this process down pat, feel free to substitute the bread crumbs by using crackers, corn flakes, seasoned croutons, potato chips or anything else that you think would taste great!