To be honest, I usually lean more towards tomato-based sauces when preparing pasta dishes but this Toasted Pine Nut Pasta dish has the perfect blend of pine nuts and cheeses. The toasted pine nuts give it a great nutty flavor while the different cheeses help to create an aromatic and savory dish. The combination of the two really kicks the flavor up a notch and will have you going back for more...or looking forward to leftovers!
Toasted Pine Nut Pasta
- 1 lb dried Fettuccine
- 2 chicken cutlets, cut into fingers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, chicken and garlic to the pan. Brown and cook chicken thoroughly. Remove to a plate and slice.
- In a separate skillet, add two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and pine nuts and toss/saute until pine nuts are toasted. Remove from skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, Parmesan cheese and Blue cheese (optional). Toss to coat pasta.