To welcome this snowstorm with open arms (yes, I'm a girl from the mitten aka Michigan) I would like to share with you a super simple recipe for ice cream snowballs. All you need is a pint of vanilla ice cream and I'm sure you can scrounge up some toppings from your refrigerator and cupboards.
I know you will love the finished product...they are so cute and tasty!
Ice Cream Snowballs
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups toppings (such as shredded coconut, sliced almonds, crushed waffle cones, chopped toffee candy bars, mini chocolate chips)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the ice cream into 8 balls, place on sheet and freeze until firm (8-10 minutes).
- Place the desired toppings in separate bowls. Roll the ice cream balls in the toppings, pressing gently to make the toppings stick.
- Serve immediately or freeze, loosely covered, up to 3 days.
* Photo from Real Simple