This cake is always a party favorite and it's so easy to make. The main ingredients are Oreo cookies, pudding and gummy worms. What's not to love about that? And what makes this cake even better is that if you present it in a flower pot or a pail, your guests will get a kick out of it.
Worm Dirt Cake
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 3.5-ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 12-ounce container Cool Whip
- 20-ounce package Oreo cookies
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and softened butter.
- Mix the milk with the instant pudding for 2 minutes; add Cool Whip.
- Add liquid mixture to creamed mixture.
- Place Oreo cookies in a large Ziploc bag and crush to desired "dirt" texture.
- Put 1 1/2 inches of cookie crumbs on the bottom of pail/flower pot (lined with aluminum foil) and layer the pudding mixture and crumbs. End with the pudding mixture. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Just before serving, add one more inch of cookie crumbs and decorate with your favorite gummy creep crawlies.