I had a craving for muffins the other day so I gathered the ingredients from my refrigerator and cupboards and got to work. The final result? Orange muffins. These little treats are so delicious they'll be hard to keep on your serving tray!
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl; add egg, peel, juice and milk and beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; mix ingredients; add to butter/sugar bowl.
- Beat all ingredients until moistened - do not overbeat.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)- Makes 12 muffins.
- Serve warm!