Below is a recipe that will be good for snacks or casual appetizers that I'm sure your family and friends will devour...
Tasty Tomato Treat
- 1 7-to-8-ounce package of feta cheese, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound large cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- Toss cubed feta, oil, shallot and oregano in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 12 tomatoes crosswise in half. Scoop out tomato pulp with melon baller or small spoon. Place tomatoes, cut side up, on serving plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stuff hollowed cherry tomatoes with marinated feta. Slide in olive half alongside cheese. Drizzle with additional olive oil. Cover and chill